At Aspris Wellbeing Centre Abu Dhabi, our therapy outreach service provides additional support in the learning environment for children experiencing difficulties with their development. This service allows our occupational therapy and speech therapy specialists to work closely with parents and teachers to assess whether a child needs treatment and intervene when necessary.
Reaching out for support
Just like parents, teachers play an important role in children’s lives as they take the time to get to know how children develop, interact and play.
Teachers are often able to recognise when children are experiencing difficulties. With our outreach programme, teachers are able to contact our specialists, after getting consent from the parents, to arrange the following:
- An initial screening can be carried out at the child’s school to observe whether they need occupational therapy and/or speech therapy support
- If the concerns cannot be tackled by additional recommendations for the teacher, a standardized assessment can be conducted at the clinic to better identify the strengths and weaknesses of the child. It will include a written report and feedback to the school and the parents
- Based on the outcomes of the assessment, our team will determine a treatment plan and initiate therapy services
- Share recommendations with the school to further support the child at school
- Sessions can take place once a week at the school. Should additional sessions be required, they’ll be held at the clinic
Our clinicians are experienced professionals, who put the needs of the child first. We believe in play-based interventions as the main means for a child to engage in and develop. Parental education is also ongoing as the involvement of the family is an essential component to the improvement of the child’s learning.
Next steps in accessing outreach services
Our specialist team can provide sessions in school or at our state-of-the-art clinic in Abu Dhabi. We work with teachers and families to enable the child to feel stable and supported as they progress.
Find out more information about our Child and Adolescent Services.