Head of Therapies
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reports to: Medical Director at our Dubai Wellbeing Centre
Vacancy Type: Permanent - Full Time
Do you want a career that is stimulating and rewarding?
Are you ready to lead and inspire a team of clinical professionals?
Do you want to work in brand new state-of-the art facilities?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, then please apply today – this role can truly be an exciting journey for you and your career.
We are currently looking for a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as Head of Therapies – this fantastic opportunity will involve leading a team of therapy professionals at our brand new Wellbeing Centre located in City Walk.
You will have a proven track record in achieving the very highest standards of quality, and be able to effectively supervise the team whilst maintaining your own caseload of patients.
Main purpose of this role
To undertake a co-ordinating and oversight role of the members of the therapy team to ensure that:
- Clinical caseloads are commensurate with skills, training and time available to colleagues
- Adequate cover arrangements for the provision of therapies throughout the year
- Ensure that the therapists have access to, and receipt of, the appropriate clinical supervision for their role
- Maintain a caseload of patients, adjusted to consider the co-ordinating responsibilities
- Provide a therapist’s perspective to the senior leadership team of the Wellbeing Centre, as a member of the multidisciplinary leadership team
Your duties and responsibilities
Skills, qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Therapies profession such as Psychology, Counselling or Social Work from an accredited institute/college/university
- A Master’s degree in Counselling or a Master’s degree in a specific branch of counselling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Qualification from UK/North America/Western Europe/Australia/South Africa preferred
- DHA Licensable as per government standards
- Experience of supervising a team preferred but not essential
- A minimum of 5 years’ teaching and management experience in a clinical environment
- Candidates must have the correct qualifications and experience to be licenced by DHA as a Clinical Psychologist/Counsellor
A wide range of benefits
Starting your career with us brings a range of benefits including:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days paid annual leave plus public holidays
- Annual licensing fees and extensive support with application
- Yearly professional development financial support
- Employment VISA
- Opportunity to work with professional, collaborative and experienced peers
- Career development
- Working in a new, state-of-the art clinic with excellent transport links
- If recruited from outside the UAE, 1 month accommodation and flight provided
Responsibility within this role
Line management responsibility for the therapy team.
Shared responsibility for the confidentiality, security and accuracy of records, data and information. Ensuring good quality documentation, which meets the organisational requirements regulatory guidelines and statutory requirements.
Communication and interaction:
Communications will regularly require some judgement involving the seeking and gathering of information with the need for some explanation. May have interactions which contain distressing information.
Where will I be working? Take a look at our state-of-the-art new Wellbeing Centre
Ready to apply?
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity and feel you would be the right person for this role, we would love to hear from you - please apply today by contacting careers@Aspris.ae